It’s Friday night and it’s time to party. You have worked hard throughout the week so you can play even harder on the weekend. A memorable night out has equal parts of great music, great atmosphere, great drinks and great company.
If you live in WV or planning to visit be sure to check out Touch of Texas. There is an epic Ladies Night, great music and yummy cocktails to keep the party going for hours!
There’s nothing better than drinking with a group of friends that are all on the same page. Making memories, having fun and drinking responsibly. Going out with your friends is a great way to relieve stress, let out some steam from the work week and to bond. When done in the right way, drinking can be so much fun. Drinking allows a person to loosen up, unwind and relax or go wild in the best of ways.
On the flipside, they say drinking can often reveal a person’s inner demons. After a few shots a person can transform from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde quickly. Often this puts a damper on the evening’s festivities and plans. Nobody's got time for drama queens who can’t hold their liquor and turn what is supposed to be a bonding experience into a night of misery.
Nothing can drag down the vibe of the night when someone then a bad drinking buddy,
So a question to ask yourself is are you a good drinking buddy or a bad drinking buddy?
Check out the list below to find out more!
1. A good drinking buddy isn’t a cheapskate. We all have one person in our circle that refuses to pay for rounds for their friends. They don’t mind receiving free drinks from friends or others, but when it comes to paying for a round for their buddies, they make excuses like “I don’t have any more money.” Or, “I am cutting myself off.” A great drinking buddy is not only someone who is great to drink with but someone who understands the drinking culture and drinking etiquette. If you are willingly accepting drinks, you should graciously buy drinks as well.
A great drinking buddy is not only someone who is great to drink with but understands the drinking culture and drinking etiquette. If you are willing to accept drinks, you should graciously buy drinks as well.
2. A good drinking buddy knows to not spill every detail of the evening to everyone at work Monday morning. Everyone knows the phrase “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” or “first rule of fight club is we don’t talk about fight club.” A good drinking buddy isn’t going to spill the beans of every intimate or embarrassing detail that may have gone down at the club or bar with friends. Maybe your bestie doesn’t want everyone to know at the office that she stripped down to her bra and rode the mechanical bull at Touch of Texas. Or that your best friend made out with his ex in the corner of the club in a drunken stupor. Some things are better left unsaid and kept with the people who actually went out that night. That goes for Snapchat, selfies and Instagram stories. Make sure the person is consenting to videos and photos being posted online.
Note: Don’t wait to ask when they are already wasted A drunk person isn’t clear headed enough to give proper consent. If a photo or video can jeopardize their career or life in anyway, just don’t post it online.
Maybe your bestie doesn't want everyone to know at the office that she stripped down to her bra and rode the mechanical bull at Touch of Texas.
3. A good drinking buddy is the life of the party in all the best of ways. People love being around positive and high vibes people. Be the life of the party. The kind of person people want to be around. The kind of person that people trust to be around in a vulnerable state of drunkenness. Someone who uplifts and is fun to be around. A good drinking buddy is supportive when you are too nervous to approach the attractive woman or handsome man. They are the first on the dance floor encouraging his friends to come dance. They are there for you if you decide to call your ex or to run off with a weirdo. You know they have your back.
4. A good drinking buddy knows to stick with their friends and not run off with some random person for a hookup. Unless, this is already established and everyone knows the purpose of the evening is to find a hookup, it’s not cool to leave your friends hanging to go dance with a guy all night or leave to hook up with a girl. Just be respectful. A good drinking buddy knows this.
5. A good drinking buddy is game to do anything (within reason) and keep things spontaneous and adventurous. This goes with the life of the party kind of mentality. You know when to cut yourself off if you have had too much to drink. You are intuitive enough to know when your friends need more water. You are game to do anything. You don’t complain with others voice their opinions about how the night should go and you don’t try to take control over the little details of the evening’s plans. A good drinking buddy knows how to go with the flow and is happy doing whatever his friends want, just as long as they are having a good time, with great drinks and great company.
Did you make it on the list? What makes a good drinking partner? What makes a bad drinking partner? We would love to know your thoughts. Comment below!